Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Eleven Years Ago...

Eleven years ago today I was a junior in college.
I was studying investments, real estate, insurance and banking.
I was a co-op student working on a large capital campaign.
I remember clearly what was on the radio on my morning drive to work.

At almost 9:00 I heared my co-worker yell about something on the news.
Again I heard her yell something I couldn't quite believe.
A large gathering appeared in her office.
We all were watching the news.



The day became very surreal.
That night, a very somber college professor said, "You all need to go home."
"Reflect on what is important in your life."
"Talk with those who are important to you."
And so we did.
And still do today.
US Flag | Grand Hotel, Mackinac Island, MI

No comments:

Post a Comment